VCU & Community Resources
To explore your options for reporting, counseling, support groups and other resources related to sexual assault and domestic violence services, please contact University Counseling Services to speak with a counselor or confidential advocate. If you are not ready to report, or are unsure, please consider contacting a confidential counselor or victim advocate for yourself or a friend:
- VCU University Counseling Services: (804) 828-6200 (Monroe Park Campus) or (804) 828-3964 (Medical Campus) (Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) To speak with a counselor after hours, call (804) 828-1234 and ask to be connected to an on-call counselor. Email MyOptions@vcu.edu to connect with a confidential advocate in Counseling Services.
If you have general questions about the criminal justice process, even if you are not ready to report, you may contact Rhanelle Collins-Meredith, Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for the City of Richmond, at (804) 646-2905 or by e-mailing Rhanelle.Collins-Meredith@richmondgov.com.
- The Greater Richmond Regional Hotline: (804) 612-6126
- LGBTQ Partner Abuse & Sexual Assault Helpline: (866) 356-6998 (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- YWCA of Richmond: (804) 612-6126
- Confidential Ethics and Compliance Helpline: (888) 242-6022
The statewide hotline number for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking is (800) 838-8238.
Title IX Contacts:
- Laura Walsh Rugless, Title IX Coordinator, (804) 828-6404, email@example.com
- Matthew Meneely, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Investigations, (804) 827-8319
- Tammi Slovinsky, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Student Affairs, (804) 827-1963
- Cathleen C. Burke, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Employees, (804) 828-3248
- Sofia A. Hiort-Wright, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics, (804) 828-2184