Van Driver Class
Van driver familiarization classes are held on the days and times listed below. The class size is limited to ten individuals. You must register and submit the van driver training form 3 business days prior to class. This form MUST be filled out completely and signed before e-mailing: Van Driver Training Form. Please note that on the form you must indicate the date you wish to attend class. Also, please read VCU’s Vehicle Accident Prevention and Safety Policy.
Behind the wheel training will be held by:
- Lt. Hill (email@example.com) on the 1st & 4th Wednesday of every month at 10 am, unless VCU is closed.
- Sgt. Greer (firstname.lastname@example.org) on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 9 am.
The training location will be at the VCU Police Headquarters located at 224 E. Broad Street. Students will need access to a van provided by their department.
The form or any questions you may have should be emailed to Lt. Hill at email@example.com.
Topics to be discussed in class include:
- Traffic collisions
- Fatal factors in traffic accidents
- Results of speeding
- Distracted driving
- Drinking and driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Seat belt (requirements)
- Traffic safety tips
- Driving preparation checklist