Fingerprinting For Background Checks
***Fingerprinting services will not be available starting Tuesday, December 12, 2017 but will resume on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.***
VCUPD Fingerprinting Services are for VCU student/faculty/staff only.
You may receive fingerprints at the VCU Police station at 224 E. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219. We are located at the intersection of E. Broad Street and 3rd Street.
- Fingerprint services are typically offered on Tuesdays from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Appointments are not necessary, as it is a first come first served basis
- You are required to bring one form of identification, such as your valid driver's license or passport.
- A VCU/VCUHS One Card is not considered as an official form of identification for a FBI background check.
- Parking may be available on Marshall Street. The Campus Connector has a stop at 3rd and Marshall.
- VCU employees who require fingerprints for background checks must have the process completed via VCU Police and no other law enforcement agency, per VCU Human Resources policy.
- If you require a fingerprinting card (FD-258), there is a $5 CASH fee per card printed, regardless of who supplies the fingerprinting card. Please note that you must have exact change.
- There is no fee for VCU/VCUHS employment background checks. Please know the name of your department and HR contact for your department prior to arrival.
- Download the Background Application Form, complete Section I
- If you are a VCU HR Consultant/Generalist, please download the above form and prefill the Section II portion for each of your new employees.
- For additional questions you may contact Jill Washington at email@example.com or 828-3438.