Fingerprinting For Background Checks
VCUPD Fingerprinting Services are available for VCU students, faculty and staff only.
Fingerprinting services are currently offered on Tuesdays from 9 AM to 11 AM and 1 PM to 4 PM. Appointments are not necessary, as it is a first come, first serve basis.
*Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, please note that fingerprinting services will not be offered on Tuesday, November 26th. We will resume normal fingerprinting hours the following Tuesday, December 3rd.
Fingerprint services are provided at VCU Police headquarters, located at 224 E. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23284, during the above walk-in hours. The building is located at the intersection of E. Broad St. and 3rd St.
- Fingerprint services are available on Tuesdays from 9 - 11 AM and 1 - 4 PM. Appointments are not necessary, as it is a first come, first serve basis.
- You are required to bring one form of identification, such as your valid driver's license or passport.
- A VCU/VCUHS One Card is not considered as an official form of identification for an FBI background check.
- Parking may be available on Marshall Street. The GRTC Pulse Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) has a westbound stop at 3rd and Marshall and an eastbound stop at the Convention Center.
- VCU employees who require fingerprints for background checks must have the process completed via VCU Police and no other law enforcement agency, per VCU Human Resources policy.
- If you require a fingerprinting card (FD-258), there is a $5 CASH fee per card printed, regardless of who supplies the fingerprinting card. Please note that you must have exact change.
- There is no fee for VCU/VCUHS employment background checks. Please know the name of your department and HR contact for your department prior to arrival.
- Download the Background Application Form, complete Section I
- If you are a VCU HR Consultant/Generalist, please download the above form and prefill the Section II portion for each of your new employees, which must read VCU Police Department as the Entity Name and 224 E. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23284 as the street address. However, please do not sign as the Authorizing Agent, that needs to be a VCUPD employee.
- For additional questions regarding the fingerprinting process or to request an appointment outside of normal walk-in hours, please contact Paige Mills at email@example.com for further assistance.