Fingerprinting for Background Checks
- Fingerprinting services are offered on Tuesdays, from 9 - 11 AM and 1 - 4 PM, and are available by appointment only for VCU students, faculty and staff.
- Due to continued health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, please be advised that fingerprint card services remain limited to VCU/VCUHS students, faculty and staff. Any future changes will be posted to this site.
*We kindly request that you postpone scheduling a fingerprint appointment if any of the following apply to you:
- Currently exhibiting (or within the last 14 days) any potential COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, etc.
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- Been advised to self-quarantine within the last 14 days
- Tested positive for COVID-19 or were directly exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
All fingerprint applicants/customers please note the following:
- Fingerprint services are offered by appointment only – please email Cheryl Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org call (804) 827-0956 in order to schedule an appointment.
- Please bring a pen with you to your scheduled appointment.
- Please limit the number of personal items brought into the building for your appointment.
- While completing the fingerprint process, fingerprint personnel will be equipped with a face mask.
- For the health and safety of all applicants/customers and our department personnel, all unvaccinated persons must don a face mask while inside the VCU Police Headquarters building and must maintain a 6’ distance from all other persons, when feasible.
- Upon arrival to the VCU Police Headquarters building, please be prepared to step in front of a temperature station to have your temperature taken.
- If your temperature is 100.4 or greater, you will be asked to exit the premises and to reschedule your appointment.
- If your temperature is below 100.4, you will be asked a series of COVID-19 related screening questions before proceeding with the fingerprinting process.
- Following a successful temperature scan, please be prepared to answer several COVID-19 screening questions before beginning the fingerprint process.
- Upon request, please be prepared to provide fingerprint personnel with the appropriate form(s) of identification, the name of your department and the department’s HR contact (if applicable), and any required payment (see below).
- You are required to bring one form of government-issued identification, such as a valid state-issued driver's license or a passport.
- A VCU/VCUHS ID is not considered as an official form of identification for an FBI background check.
- If you require a fingerprinting card (FD-258), there is a $5 CASH fee per card printed, regardless of who supplies the fingerprinting card. Please note that you must have exact change. There is no fee required for VCU/VCUHS employment-related background checks.
- Please note that per VCU Human Resources’ policy, VCU employees who require fingerprints for employment-related background checks must have the process completed via VCU Police.