- Services & Programs
- Bike Registration
VCU students and employees are encouraged to register bicycles with the VCU Police Department. In doing so, VCU Police maintains a record of your serial number and a photo of your bike, making it easier to recover a stolen bike.
Registration: To register your bike, complete the online bicycle registration.
Decals: You also have the option of picking up a decal to apply to your registered bicycle. This may help deter theft by letting others know you have registered your bike and serial number. If you would like a decal, you can pick one up at VCU Police, 224 E. Broad Street.
Where is my bicycle's serial number? Find it here.
How-To Guide for Bike Registrations
- Click on the online bicycle registration.
- Fill in the blanks for contact information, your local address and your parent's / permanent address.
- Fill in the blanks for bike information, then click "Save & Submit".
Other Bike Notes
- We recommend a U-lock as your primary lock.
- For registration inquiries, contact VCU Police at 828-1196. For removal and impound inquiries, contact VCU Facilities at 828-9444.
- The Virginia Department of Transportation has a list of bicycle laws available online for your review: Bicycling and walking in Virginia.